Producer for Guinness World Records, touring music photographer, TV studio prop maker, veterinary receptionist (ahem) – all these weird and wonderful roles have led me to where and who I am now. I LOVE the unusual, I LOVE the creative and I LOVE a bit of chaos! I’m that photographer who inwardly grins when the kids start climbing trees in their pretty bridesmaid dresses or when your best-man gets in a round of shots – again! Most of my life has been spent focused on the extraordinary, and weddings are just that – a one off celebration in which you get to do, say and wear whatever you want with all your nearest and dearest right there to hype you up.
I’m a passionate supporter of LGBTQIA+ rights and firmly believe Love is Love and it’s no-one elses damned business! I pride myself on my honesty and openness at all times and will never try and sell you something or push you into decisions that are not right for you. I treat my clients like friends and tbh by the time I’ve heard your speeches, seen your first dance and watched you get dressed in the morning anything else would be weird.
In my personal life I am a proud single mumma and massive animal lover (see, the vet thing came back in eventually) I’m freakishly obsessed with true crime, a bit of a pop culture geek and live to travel with my son. I genuinely believe the world is full of amazing things to see and do, you just have to look in the right places…and take damned good pictures ;)
Many thanks for reading and please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
“We couldn’t of picked a better photographer to capture the spirit of our special day. We wanted unique and we got it! I knew when I saw her previous work she was perfect for the job and we are so thrilled by what she captured, things I would never of thought to of asked her to. Professional and a really lovely person to have around. We will be recommending her highly. Thanks Jenny!”
Clare & Eddy
Jenny was the perfect choice for our wedding! We were looking for a photographer who could capture the spirit of our festival-style wedding, rather than take a whole series of bland family portraits. Jenny’s sensitive and unobtrusive approach was exactly what we wanted! People hardly knew she was there, so she managed to tell the whole story of our wedding day by capturing genuine emotions and special moments. We couldn’t be happier with Jenny’s photos and would thoroughly recommend her – she’s the perfect choice for an unconventional wedding!
Nav & Rachel
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY COST 2023
Full day wedding shoots are £1600.00
So what does that get you…
BEFORE THE WEDDING
- A zoom or phone call to chat through your ideas and plans for the day. I’ll be frantically scribbling notes to work out when would be best to fit in any pictures and get an idea of how long you will need me, when, where and what equipment I need to bring.
- Any support or advice my ten plus years of experience can provide! I worked as a producer before this so I am no stranger to planning an elaborate event, PLUS I have contacts coming out of my ears; you want a shit-hot videographer? I’ll hook you up, need an ECTO1 to drive you to your ceremony? I’m your girl (no seriously – and bonus points if you know what an ECTO1 is). If I don’t already know what you are looking for I will relish the challenge to find it for you.
- A complimentary pre-shoot when you book eight hours or more. I LOVE these shoots, especially if you or your partner are feeling a bit weird about basically being papped all day – it give you a chance to see how I work (quietly and unobtrusively) as well as a bit more time getting to know each other so I don’t turn up on your wedding day as a total stranger. Plus, you can use the photos on the day – I’ve seen invites with them on, timings for the day and even badges.
- Another zoom or phone call a few weeks before the wedding to go over final plans if you want/need. I’m totally aware that even the most relaxed weddings have a lot of moving parts so I’ll put together a schedule based on your questionnaire that we can look through together and make sure everything that is important to you is covered and don’t worry if it changes on the day – just send over a bridesmaid or usher to pass on the message and I’ll be happy to roll with it.
ON THE DAY
- Travel and accommodation within London or Brighton, and some other places if I can find a place to crash. I always keep wedding shoot days exclusive so will not be doing any other work at any time on that day. However some weddings start super early and/or end super late and it is necessary for me to stay in the area, I love a bit of travel and am very happy in a local Travelodge or Premier Inn so if you’re getting married outside of these areas please do make an enquiry and I’ll give you an accurate quote including travel/accommodation if needed.
- Eight consecutive hours of exclusive photography wherever and whenever you want. I’ve shot in every lighting condition, every weather and every crowd you can think of (ex music photographers have faced ALL the challenges!) I will use my extensive experience to capture the story of your day from the first sip of coffee to the last shot of tequila. I will be there in the background watching for lighting, composition and all those other good things that make me a professional photographer and not just a mate with a good camera.
AFTER THE WEDDING
- ALLLLLLLL of the post production – usually this takes around three times longer than the actual shoot! I know it sounds crazy in today’s instant gratification social media world but some things don’t change and if you want something with a bit more thought and creativity than an insta snap and filter it takes a while to make. I go through every single photograph taken during your day – this can be in the thousands – and check it for quality, creativity and value as part of your day. Each shot is then individually edited to be the best version of itself possible – I don’t do any heavy editing as standard but I will always tweak things like lighting, angles, skin tone and bloody fire escape signs if needed.
- Around four-hundred final images – appx fifty per hour, just under one for each minute of the day, basically, a lot. I say around because I’ve delivered up to fifty more or less depending on what is going on during your day – sometimes you really need a series of photographs to show an event unfolding, other times just one or two really strong shots are enough, it all depends on your unique day. Once I have the perfect set of images for you I do all the boring techy stuff like reformatting so you can actually see them on normal computer software, upload them to your socials without crashing the site coz the files are the size of a house and uploading the whole kit and kaboodle to an online gallery to share with friends, family or anyone you wish. Hidden bonus – you can also buy stuff with your photos directly from that gallery – check it out.